1. How do we deliver?
2. What are your hours?
3. When is there a replacement cost?
4. What are hour policies regarding permits?
5. What are your pricing and hours for deliveries?
6. What if we wish to add more or change an order?
7. Do you have a minimum order size for delivery?
8. Do your crews set up the equipment?
9. What should we do with our dishware before returning it?
10. What is your reservation policy?
11. What if I need to cancel my order?
12. What if there is a hurricane or severe weather?
1. How do we deliver? (Back to top)
We deliver all items to the ground floor of your rental home or event site. We require that all items are returned to the place where they were delivered. We ask that all items are ready for pickup at the scheduled time and day or there will be an additional charge incurred depending on delivery location.
2. What are your hours? (Back to top)
Normal business hours are 7:00AM - 9:00PM from April 1 - October 31; 8:00AM - 6:00PM from November 1 - March 31.
3. When is there a replacement cost? (Back to top)
All equipment must be accounted for and at specified pickup location or charges will be incurred. We charge a replacement and restocking fee for any missing equipment or linen. We will contact you via phone or email within two weeks of your event pickup to inform you of any charges that will be billed. A credit card number will be kept on hold for all rentals.
4. What are your policies regarding permits? (Back to top)
It is the client's responsibility to take care of securing all applicable town/county permits for your event. We are more than happy to supply any pertinent information that they may need. If a fine is incurred for a violation due to failing to get a permit the fine is the responsiblity of the customer. Customer agrees to hold Rent-A-Tent, LLC and Simply Marvelous Events and its employees harmless for any failure to obtain proper permits.
5. What are your pricing and hours for delivery? (Back to top)
Delivery and pick up service are available for your convenience. We schedule deliveries in 4 hour blocks, which include morning hours from 8am - 12pm and afternoon hours from 1pm - 5pm.
Delivery fees depend on geographic location.
- $0 to Carolina Shores and Calabash
- $25 to all areas south of Highway 211 in North Carolina and north of Highway 501 in South Carolina
- $60 to all areas between Highway 501 and Pawleys Island in South Carolina and north of Highway 211 and Leland
- $125 to Wilmington and Wrightsville Beach in North Carolina
This fee includes your drop off and pick up. Additional visits subject to trip charges will be billed at half price.
6. What if we wish to add more or change an order? (Back to top)
We will gladly accommodate changes made 7 or more days prior to delivery/pick up at no additional charge. Changes that can be accommodated within 7 days of delivery/pick up will result in an a service charge of $25.00. Avoid incurring additional fees by finalizing all special order items, linens and specific labor request at least 7 days prior to delivery/pick up.
7. Do you have a minimum order size for delivery? (Back to top)
There is no minimum order for delivery.
8. Do your crews set up the equipment? (Back to top)
Our staff sets up all tents, dancefloors, staging, subfloor and lighting.
For tables and chairs we offer either a flat delivery fee where we drop the items and you set them up or for a nominal fee we will set up the tables and chairs where you like If we have to bring your items up flights of stairs an additional fee is required. Please ask for pricing regarding deliveries above the first floor.
9. What should we do with dishware before we return it? (Back to top)
Please scrape food from plates and rinse. Please place dishware into the boxes and crates in which they were delivered.
10. What is your reservation policy? (Back to top)
Full payment is required for any event booked within 60 days of actual event. 50% deposit is required to reserve equipment prior to thirty days (of event date). Payment is due in full seven days prior to your event.
A Visa or MasterCard is required to be on file for damages /replacement charges incurred. NO EXCEPTIONS. You will be notified of all additional charges by phone or email. Any changes to the order (that can be accommodated) within 7 DAYS of event, will incur a $25.00 service charge, per order change.
11. What if I need to cancel my order? (Back to top)
Our cancellation and refund policies are as follows based on the type of equipment.
Any cancellation outside sixty days customer will receive a 90% refund (10% admin charge applies).
Sixty days to eight days of delivery customer will receive a 50% refund (50% non-refundable)
Within seven days of delivery there are no refunds. If a customer orders and pays for a set amount of tables and chairs and then decreases their order, no refunds will be given for the difference.
12. What if there is a hurricane or severe weather? (Back to top)
Hurricane/Severe weather can greatly impact your event, and safety for our staff and for our clients are top priority.
Refunds will not be an automatic response to severe weather. Decisions about refunds will be left up to our event coordinators. Refunds will not be given in the case of high winds and/or inclement weather that staff deems unsafe. We reserve the right to cancel tent set-ups during severe storms or tropical weather. We will work closely with our customers should this situation arise.
AT NO TIME SHOULD A TENT BE USED AS PROTECTION FROM SEVERE WEATHER, LIGHTENING AND/OR HIGH WINDS.